News and Opportunities
This page hosts News and Opportunities presented by The Journal of Public Space to its readers.
We share requests coming from our partners and followers, that we believe are relevant for the academic global community working on public space.
To suggest a news or an opportunity to our readers, please send a request to: email@example.com
We appreciate donations to support our non-profit mission.
On Thursday 20th April 2023 the exhibition Imagining Public Space with/for Her, curated by Carolina Anderson, Beatrice Ricci and Luisa Bravo, opened at Museo Spazio Pubblico in Bologna, the artistic headquarters of the cultural association City Space Architecture.
Presented in the framework of international initiatives developed by City Space Architecture, whose focus is to promote public space culture, through art and architecture, in order to build more inclusive and sustainable cities, the exhibition is willing to activate a crucial debate about public space analysed from a gender perspective, giving (ideal and physical) space to world-wide projects that stress the urgency of re-thinking the city and its public spaces with and for women. It is intended to open a specific topic that intertwines the broader and certainly most debated challenge of accessibility and inclusiveness of public spaces. The radical question is: who does public space really belong to? who is public space designed for?
Read more here and on our web-magazine Mastering Public Space.
Master Performing Public Space at Fontys University invites artists from a variety of backgrounds to apply with individual artistic research projects focusing on public space. This 1-year Master program (online/on-campus) is investigating public space as a backdrop for artistic expression, intervention, and research.
Where: Hybrid format – Online & On-Campus (Fontys Arts Academy, The Netherlands)
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: August 28, 2023
Deadline for application: NON-EU Nationalities: March 31, 2023 EU-Nationalities: May 31, 2023.
For more information visit: fontys.edu/publicspace/
Write to: FHKpublicspace@fontys.nl
The European Commission is looking for a Project Officer – Data Analyst (FG IV) to join the LocalSDGs team in Seville, Spain.
The selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to provide high-quality scientific input to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda at the territorial level, to work in a multidisciplinary research field and in a family-friendly working environment.
Duration of the contract: 3 years (renewable up to a maximum of 6 years)
Duty station: Seville
Deadline: 30 April 2023
Vacancy note: 2023-SVQ-B3-FGIV-022708 - SEVILLE
The details are in the call.
Visit the recruitment portal for the Joint Research Centre for more info
JRC: Recruitment of grantholder, trainees, graduate trainees & auxiliary contract staff (europa.eu)
Harvard University is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor
School: Harvard Graduate School of Design
The Department of Architecture invites applications for two full-time, tenure track positions at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. While the department’s priority is filling tenure track positions, we will also consider part-time Assistant/Associate Professorships in Practice of Architecture positions. The successful candidate or candidates will demonstrate expertise in design, playing an active role in design pedagogy of the core studio curriculum. In addition, the candidate(s) will have expertise in one or more of the following areas: Construction/Material Culture; Climate/Sustainability; Design Innovation/Spatial Practice; Digital/Orthographic/Projective Representation; Social Justice.
The appointment(s) is expected to start in Spring 2024 or Fall of 2024.
LAND / Junior Landscape Architect
For the office in the centre of Milan, LAND is hiring a Junior Landscape Architect who will work on project design, site plans, specifications, production of presentation drawings, sketches and assist in solving design complexities. The candidate must demonstrate creativity, strong graphics, and good design judgment. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with days in the office and work from home days.
- Degree in Landscape Design or in Architecture with a specific Master training on Land-scape
- 1-3 years of international working experience as Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer
- Outstanding conceptual and design skills, especially in developed and technical design
- Knowledge and experience in activities of reporting and document processing.
- Knowledge and experience in detailed design, construction documentation and cost control
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, GIS, and ideally Autodesk Revit
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and Italian
- Time management, organizational and communication skills
- Leadership and ability to work as part of a team.
What we offer:
- An inspiring green working environment in the centre of Milan - as well as modern and flexible working models
- An international company with projects worldwide
- A dynamic team that has fun and enjoys its work
- An efficient workplace with common tools and standards
- A family atmosphere in a young, motivated team - togetherness is very important to us. Our canteen and roof terrace are popular for lunches or aperitifs together and matches at table football
- Further education, in-house training, international workshops and team-building events so that we can grow together
- The possibility to work in a home office for an optimal work-life balance. We work re-motely and in our central office
- An international team with projects and co-operations even beyond national borders.
Submit your CV and PORTFOLIO to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote in the subject of the email our ref. code JLA050323. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please note that we will only consider applications in line with the requested profile.