Urban Visions. Beyond the Ideal City | Report from the Habitat III Village, Pop-up Public Space
‘Urban Visions. Beyond the Ideal City’ was an event held at Habitat III, the United Nations conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development, in Ecuador, included in a series of meetings and events at the Pop-up Public Space, Habitat III Village, in Parque El Ejido in Quito. On 26th October 2016, we presented two research projects aiming at community engagement on issues related to the future of the urban environment:
- the "InstaBooth", a telephone booth-inspired portable structure developed at the Urban Informatics Lab of the Queensland University of Technology - http://www.urbaninformatics.net/projects/instabooth/ - which uses tangible and hybrid interaction such as multi-touch screens and media façades to facilitate face-to-face and digitally mediated discussions;
- the cinematography competition "Urban Visions. Beyond the Ideal City", promoted by City Space Architecture - http://www.cityspacearchitecture.org/?p=urban-visions-beyond-the-ideal-city - which is the first film competition in the Italian context involving film-makers at a professional level on topics related to cities and urbanity.
The Authors retain copyright for articles published in The Journal of Public Space, with first publication rights granted to the journal.
Articles in this journal are published under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial Licence (CC-BY-NC) - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
You are free to:
• Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
• Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
• Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
• NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.